Powered by Blogger.

My Travel Essentials

By 5:54 pm , ,



Since I transferred schools I had to commute to school which was a change compared to waking up 30 minutes before class and taking a 10 minute bus to Uni. Now I have to wake up 2 hours in advance and commute for an hour to school :(. But now I've learned to how to make these daily travels shorter and wanted to share it with y'all.





A Book:
A book is a great for passing the time, I'm rather old school and like reading physical books rather to eBooks. If you read my "New Year, New Changes" post one of my resolutions/changes was to read more books so I'm trying to incorporate whenever I can, so I read on my daily long bus rides. Right now I'm reading "#Girlboss" by Sophia Amoruso and I'm loving it, it is really inspiring when it comes to success and just living your life.




A Tablet:
If you aren't an old geezer like me eBooks are always an option, if you get motion sickness try audiobooks. But tablets are also good for getting your work done on the go, like if I get an idea for a blogpost I'll whip out my iPad and type it down. Or if you want to beat the next level of candy crush, go right ahead.





A Portable Game Console:
Sometimes you don't feel like reading a book so video games is also an option. I've always been a Nintendo girl and when they released Pokemon X and Y I had to buy the new 3DS (limited Pokemon X edition of course). So I play Pokemon X (because I don't have Alpha Sapphire yet :( ) and Animal Crossing. (Give me your 3DS friend code, let's be friends)




Headphones or Earphones:
I cannot stress enough how important it is to have a good pair of headphones. There are a lot of annoying people on public transportation. And being able to drown them out so that you can have a pleasant commute is important for your own sanity. Like this Friday when I was taking the bus this guy started yelling about a lady taking two seats on a full bus. Public transportation is already a terrible experience to encounter everyday in my opinion, so having to see people make it worse makes me stressed. Headphones not only can drown out people, it really makes travelling seem faster with a good pair of mixes.

Music:
Soundcloud is where I usually find new music (follow me) but I find really good DJ mixes on it, and they are usually 30 minutes to an hour which is the same amount of time as my commute which is great. I recommend Ta-ku's "Drive Slow, Homie" mixes(x). But if you are Spotify user I made a playlist with my favourite chill tunes.

I hope you enjoyed my post on my travel essentials. What's yours? Let's exchange each others to make travelling less stressful. Happy Sunday everyone!

*Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post*

You Might Also Like

0 comments