Powered by Blogger.

Osheaga Weekend & Lionel Richie

By 12:38 am ,

montreal

So the first weekend of August was probably the busiest and best days I've had this year. I went to a concert, travelled alone for the first time, and went to a music festival so this is how it went.


Lionel Richie Concert

It all started on Wednesday when I went to the Lionel Richie. Even though I'm quite young (18) I grew up on listening to Motown music like The Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, and etc. Lionel Richie was always my fave and it has been on my bucket list for a longtime to see him live, which I never thought I would be able to do. Currently he is on his "All The Hits, All Night Long" tour in North America and when I heard he was coming I didn't want to pass it up. So since I recently got a new job I decided to treat my parents and buy them tickets so my parents and I went, also joined was my best friend who adores Lionel. Richie like I do.
It was honestly a great experience even though he is 65 years old his voice is still exactly the same as his old vinyls like "Can't Slow Down" and IT GAVE ME LIFE!!!!

Travelling Alone
The next morning I was off to Montreal for Osheaga, this was the first time I travelled alone and this far. Montreal from Toronto is 6 hours and I was leaving the province so that was a lot for me. But I successfully got there and met up with my friend, I didn't get kidnapped or murdered like my parents worried about. 

Osheaga the best weekend of my summer
I had a lot of problems trying to go there, my parents wouldn't let me go, I had no money for it, I didn't have a ride, no one really wanted go or had the money to go. But through the hardships I got a job just in time to find tickets and bought my bus tickets and then told my parents a week in advance (which I don't recommend because I got in trouble and put them through a lot of stress, but yolo). So luckily one of my friends from Uni lives in Montreal and let me stay there for free so I only needed to pay for transportation and my pass. This was the first music festival I went to and I had sooo much fun.

The first day I was alone but it was all good because I made friends, that's what I learned being there. It's okay to be alone because you can find people that want to see the same people as you.
I saw Ryan Hemsworth, so cute, great DJ,

Shlohmo, also a cool DJ love his Jeremih - Fuck You All The Time remix

My bae Childish Gambino, he took of his shirt and it was everything
donald glover

Skirllex, even though I'm not a fan of Skrillex with all his lasers and flashing lights makes you so amped.

And Outkast, I felt like I was reliving my childhood it was the best way to end the first day. 

Second day
I saw my favourite DJ Kevin aka Kaytranada, loved him and he brought his brother out and he performed Charles Barkley

Met Bas

J.Cole


And SBTRKT, they had the coolest set of the second day in my opinion he played his hits like wildfire, never and I got right in front.

Speaking of Joey Bada$$ I went to the stage he was performing at to find my friend and we got a picture with him, so that was an awesome way to end day two.

Third and last day 
The third day was pretty relaxed because there wasn't a lot of people I wanted to see. 

Saw Cyril Hahn, recommend listening to his Say My Name and Touch My Body remix

CHVRCHES

Duke Dumont (recommend listening to Need U(100%) )

And Arctic Monkeys

Random stuff
There were a lot of random booths that were sponsored by companies and stores that had cool free stuff. 
Like H&M had a place were you could DIY your clothes with free fabric paint, stencils, studs, and jewels. There was also a photo booth that made flip books which we had way too much fun with.

Diesel had a airbrush tattoo parlor.

It was an unforgettable experience going to Osheaga and I can't wait to go next year. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments